What better way to wash your clothes in a stream than secured in a mesh bag?! Nobody wants that scenario, but you never know. It's good to follow the Boy Scout Motto, and Be Prepared.
Polyester utility mesh fabric is available at Jo-Ann for $2.99 per yard (48 inches wide), and sometimes you can find mesh laundry bags on e-bay.
I prefer to make my own mesh bag, with a heavy-duty drawstring that will hold up while holding my clothes in rough water.
The utility mesh drawstring bag can be used for sifting compost over your garden--it will keep the rich dirt rock-free.
Utility mesh is also good for making curtains that admit fresh air into your rooms, while providing cover (see Elegant French Curtains).
Utility Mesh by the Yard at Jo-Ann Fabric
Copyright ©M-J de Mesterton 2010
- Ebert Mentions my Husband, "the Real-Life Equalizer", in Paragraph Six
- Message to Michael
- My Poem: Napoleon Complex
- Elegant Survival
- M-J on Minimalism
- M-J's Cartoons
- M-J's Theatre of the Absurd
- C. Hitchens: Lies of Michael Moore
- Freedom versus Free Stuff
- Iberian Notes
- Lech Walesa Writes to the Cuban People
- Martian Hematite: My Painting
- Massad Ayoob
- Pacta Sunt Servanda
- Principled Republicans?
- Saggin' and Caggin'
- Self-Destuctive G.O.P.
- Sr. Mario Vargas Llosa
- The Compass Mentions M-J
- The Knights of Malta
- The Original Rock Painter, M-J de Mesterton
- What "Is" Is, and What Should Never Be
- ¡No Pasarán!
- Éditions Underbahn