Sunday, 17 January 2010
Making an Elegant Salad, 2009 May 15
When preparing a salad, arrange the components in such a way that they sit in layers or groups. It looks neater this way, and more appealing than the already-tossed salad. Let individual guests mix and dress it in their respective bowls. This idea is a bit like the “composed salad” of old. Pass around the dressing, and perhaps offer a couple of varieties, such as vinaigrette and Roquefort/blue cheese.
~~M-J de Mesterton Copyright 2009
Keep Your Salad Covered before Serving to Prevent Fruit-Flies (Photo Copyright Elegant Survival)
- Ebert Mentions my Husband, "the Real-Life Equalizer", in Paragraph Six
- Message to Michael
- My Poem: Napoleon Complex
- Elegant Survival
- M-J on Minimalism
- M-J's Cartoons
- M-J's Theatre of the Absurd
- C. Hitchens: Lies of Michael Moore
- Freedom versus Free Stuff
- Iberian Notes
- Lech Walesa Writes to the Cuban People
- Martian Hematite: My Painting
- Massad Ayoob
- Pacta Sunt Servanda
- Principled Republicans?
- Saggin' and Caggin'
- Self-Destuctive G.O.P.
- Sr. Mario Vargas Llosa
- The Compass Mentions M-J
- The Knights of Malta
- The Original Rock Painter, M-J de Mesterton
- What "Is" Is, and What Should Never Be
- ¡No Pasarán!
- Éditions Underbahn